Explore more at the museum.
Bring a class or group to The Block Museum for a free gallery tour or a visit to our permanent collection.
Groups are welcome to make a request for free, docent-led tours. We are happy to work with you to plan a visit that meets your group's needs and interests. All tours are free, however, appointments are required for all visits by groups of 10 people or more. We require a minimum of three weeks’ notice for all guided tours.
Drop in, public tours are also available and are listed on our Events Calendar.
All guided tours are led by Northwestern student docents. Our docents come from a wide range of academic backgrounds including art history, psychology, journalism, science, and math. On guided tours, our docents provide information about the work on view and also facilitate open discussion.
If you are interested in visiting The Block with a larger group (10 or more) please proceed to the Tour Request form below.
- Please note that we request a minimum of three weeks’ notice for any tour request.
- We cannot accommodate groups larger than 50 persons at one time.
Groups are more than welcome to visit the museum on their own for self-guided tours. We ask that you make an appointment for groups of 10 people or more, even for self-guided visits. To best accommodate your group, we request a minimum of two weeks’ notice.
Modernism Tours at Capacity
The Block has reached capacity for our tour guides this winter and we are no longer able to accept requests for guided tours of Modernisms (through April 5, 2020).
However, we encourage you to:
- Take part in one of our upcoming Modernisms Spotlight Gallery Talks or our Sunday afternoon tours.
- Bring your group for a self-guided tour. (Just let us know you are coming by using our Tour Request form)
- Visit the exhibition on your own anytime the Block is open.
Visits to view our permanent collection
If you are interested in viewing our permanent collection, appointments are arranged through our Eloise W. Martin Study Center. Learn more and make an appointment.